Recent publications from the Centre
- Var dag en kamp för skogssamisk framtid: Ett (drygt) år med Henrik Andersson,renskötare i Gällivare skogssameby. 2017
- Contemplation or Manipulation?: Aesthetic Perspectives on Nature and Animals from Shaftesbury to Bio-Art. 2017
- Exploring men's pregnancy-planning behaviour and fertility knowledge: a survey among fathers in Sweden. 2017
- Femmebodiment: Notes on queer feminine shapes of vulnerability. 2017
- Place-making with goats and microbes: The more-than-human geographies of local cheese in Jamtland, Sweden. 2017
- Adorno and Schelling on the art–nature relation. 2017
- Introducing Animals, Places and Lively Cartographies. 2017
- Animal Places: Lively Cartographies of Human-Animal Relations. 2017
Thursday seminar autumn 2017
The Thursday seminars are held a few Thursdays a month between 13.15 and 15.00 at the Centre for Gender Research, Villavägen 6.
The Thursday seminars bring together several different research areas; men and masculinities, body/corporeality, queer theory, and science are some themes that reflect the breadth of the research conducted at the Centre. We hope that you will find much of interest and that you will take the opportunity to participate in exciting and fruitful seminars. Lectures will be held according to the language of each title, some in Swedish and some in English.
September 21 Tobias Linné and Iselin Gambert, Lund University and The George Washington University Law: Got Mylk? A feminist exploration of milk from slavery to the "post-milk generation".
October 5 Jenny Sunden, Södertörns University: Broken signals, lost connections: Queering telephonic femininity- A seminar about queer relationality and telephonic brokenness from Sylvia Plath to Lady Gaga.
October 19 Anne Hammarström, Uppsala University: Hur är kön, genus och hälsa sammanflätade? Reflektioner kring ett forskningsprogram.
November 9 Anna Sjölander, Martina Wiksten and Maja Gullberg, Uppsala University: Female ex-combatants in Colombia, White Trash i svensk tryckt och fadersgestalter i pappalitteratur.
November 23 Wera Grahn, Linköping University: Representing the past of the South Sámi and Norse in a borderland.
Publications from the Crossroads of Knowledge
The publication series Crossroads of Knowledge/Skrifter från Centrum för genusvetenskap was founded in 2003. As from the summer of 2013, the international publishing company SPRINGER has taken over all English written books produced in the Centre book series Crossroads of knowledge. At the same time, all of our Swedish books will from now on be published by the Swedish publishing company MAKADAM. Our new books are from now on ordered via regular online bookstores and will also be physically available in selected book shops.
Please find our publications in the list and read more about each book them by clicking on each titel. Several of our old publications are also available as free fulltexts, find and download these texts via the DiVA.
Old publications, from number 1-18 can be ordered via email@example.com. Please note that a shipping cost will be added to the cost of the book. The price for the shipping is due to the weight of the book/books.