Research at the Centre
The interdisciplinary research conducted at the Centre for Gender Research results in a creative group environment made up by researchers who have their backgrounds in various disciplines in the faculties of the humanities, social sciences, natural/technological sciences and medicine. Together we represent a great variety of compentence and areas of specialisations. The research at the Centre covers a number of fields of research and as of now there are also four acitve research groups:
Other research fields tht we cover:
News from the Centre
- – I was nicely surprised by the ambience, the functioning and the care in the relationships between colleagues.
- Centrum har fått sin första egna doktor
- – Uppsala is a very good combination of something familiar and something new for me.
- Klart med feministiska stadsvandringar även i år
- Jenny Björklund får Fulbright
- Skandal på Humanistiska teatern
- Från kulturantropologi till doktorand i genusvetenskap
- Anneli Häyrén föreläser om #metoo
The Centre in the Medias
- "I princip alla kvinnor har drabbats" 2017-11-26
- Studenter och forskare agerar mot sexism 2017-11-20
- Genusforskare: "Sexuella trakasserier är erotiserad makt" 2017-10-11
- När män gör IT-system för vårdens kvinnor 2017-10-02
- Knökfullt på feministiskt vandring 2017-09-18
- Andra kommuner stödjer tjejevenemang 2017-08-03
- Experter: Behövs mer kunskap kring sex 2017-08-01
- Genusforskare: Det handlar om att visa makt 2017-07-05
- Naturvetenskap för yngre barn – vilket kunskapsinnehåll (o)synliggörs i lärarstudenters beskrivningar av sin framtida undervisning.. 2018
- Knowledge and power in the technology classroom: a framework for studying teachers and students in action. 2018
- Adorno and Schelling on the art–nature relation. 2018
- "Other Guys Don't Hang Out Like This": Gendered Friendship Politics Among Swedish, Middle-Class Men. 2018
- Nya perspektiv på maskuliniteter i det antika Rom: dygden virtus och frigivna slavar som ett exempel. 2018
- Introducing Animals, Places and Lively Cartographies. 2018
- Animal Places. Lively Cartographies of Human-Animal Relations. 2018
- “Shut up and calculate”: the available discursive positions in quantum physics courses. 2018
An important part of the Centre’s dynamic research environment are the many visiting researchers who stay for shorter or longer periods of time. These guests have usually heard positive about us from a former visiting researcher or colleagues at the Centre. Our reputation of being a well-organized centre with good work environment has had a positive word of mouth spreading. Some guest researchers are invited by a certain research group to build up networks, exchange knowledge, write applications or organise conferences and workshops.
Many of the international researchers who have been at the Centre return several times to continue their collaborations within groups and thus contributing to a creative and inspiring research environment. We receive a high number of requests each year; unfortunately we are not able to accept all applicants. If you are intrested in coming to the Centre for Gender Research please read our frequently asked questions before applying.